woensdag 19 maart 2014

Paper Pinterest!



Since I have been buying Country Living and other assorted magazines about interior and colours, the pile in my bookcase just got higher and higher. I really love flipping through them to get some inspiration, but there were just to many.

Sinds een tijdje koop ik bladen als Country Living en af en toe wat interieur bladen. Ik vind het heerlijk om plaatjes te kijken en inspiratie te krijgen, maar de stapel werd hoger en hoger. Er waren er gewoon te veel, maar ik vond het zonde om ze allemaal maar weg te gooien.

A few weeks ago I decided to keep what I loved and just toss everything else away. I was annoyed by the mess and the huge pile of magazines. I read them once and then stick them in the bookcase. I wanted to use them!

Dus een paar weken geleden besloot ik maar te gaan schiften. Ik had geen zin meer in stapels in huis waar ik niks mee kon. Het is zo zonde als je maar een keer bladert en dan er niet meer naar kijkt!

I bought a spiral blanc notebook (photo album/A4) and started cutting and glueing photo's and snippets from the magazines I had. I looked at colours, flowers, decor and drawings. Whatever made my heart jump I ripped and cut out of the little booklets.

And glued them in my notebook.

Bij de Pipoos kocht ik een neutraal plakboek (A4 formaat) en ik begon met uitzoeken van wat ik mooi vond. Kleuren, fotografie stijl, bloemen, decoratie of juist een geheel en tekeningen. Alles wat me heel erg aansprak qua elementen knipte ik uit.

En plakte het in.


Now I can put my notebook in a spot to be seen and to grab and flip the pages to get inspiration. It brings back childhood memories. My mother used to make clipping notebooks with Marjolein Bastin drawings and me and my sister loved them ( I do hope Little Lady and Little Man will like it as well, but for now it is a my little treasure).

Het plan is om dit boek ergens neer te leggen op onze toekomstige nieuwe werkplek en dat ik dan als ik er zin in heb het pak en lekker inspiratie kan opdoen. Zo'n plakboek brengt ook herinneringen terug aan mijn kindertijd. Mijn moeder maakte plakboeken met foto's en plaatjes van Marjolein Bastin voor ons om lekker in te bladeren. Leuk was dat! (Ik hoop dat de Kleintjes het ook leuk gaan vinden, maar nu is hij nog even alleen voor mij!)

Cutting, arranging and glueing. How simple can it be?

Knippen, mooi leggen en plakken. Hoe simpel kan het zijn?

xXx
Barbara

1 opmerking:

  1. Fantastic idea! I always say I will do this but never do. I have tons of magazines that just need to go but I hate to just toss them. I need to go through them first and pull what I like. Best wishes, Tammy

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

I would love it if you leave a comment! Thank you so much for visiting xXx