zondag 23 december 2012

Lactosefree: (Christmas) Mini Apple Pie Cupcakes


I was in a cupcake making mood for about two days already, but yesterday Big Man went shopping with Little Lady, so Little Man and I had some time to spend in the kitchen.

I have made Nigella Lawsons Cupcakes before, but I was hit with some kind of cooking creativity spark and I thought it would be nice to make mini apple pie cupcakes.

So here's what I did:

Mini Apple Pie Cupcakes (based on Nigella Lawsons cupcakes)

Makes 12 cupcakes 
  • 125 gram(s) self-raising flour
  • 125 gram(s) sugar 
  • 1 package vanilla sugar
  • 125 gram(s) unsalted butter soft (Wajang)
  • 2 medium egg(s)
  • 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
  • 2 tablespoon(s) milk 
  •  3/4 of a big apple (I used a Kanzi apple) cut into small pieces (not grated, but really small cubes)
  •  about 100 gr raisins, well in warm water before use
  • 1 big tablespoon cinnamon
Preheat oven on 200 degrees Celsius. Mix butter and sugar until smooth, beat in one egg at a time. Add a bit of flour and the vanilla extract. Mix with the rest of the flour (I just put all of it together and mixed it well). Add milk and mix till blended. Add cinnamon to bowl of cubes of apple and stir till blended. Put both apple cubes and raisins into the batter and stir untill it is all evenly distributed. Place paper cups into a cupcake tin and divide the batter evenly into the paper cups.

Place in the oven for about 15-20 minutes until golden brown.

I made water glazing with water and powdered sugar. Just start with a tablespoon or two of water and add powdered sugar until you have a Nutella like consistency. Put glazing (or not, they are delicious on their own) on top of the cupcakes and give the sprinkles to your kids! You can add food coloring to the water glazing if you wish.

They were absolutely delicious!!! Soft, crumbly with a sweet bite from both the apple and the raisins. This is a keeper!

I originally wanted to make a whipped coconut cream topping according to a recipe I found on Pinterest, and I found a great tutorial how to make it, but I bought the wrong can of coconut milk. It has to be a can without stabilizers or additives. It completely failed! To be continued....



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

I would love it if you leave a comment! Thank you so much for visiting xXx