maandag 19 maart 2012

Stomach bug





I teach Biology and General Sciences on a high school. Normally, it is absolutely marvelous. I love the interaction with the kids, love my subject, love my colleagues etc. But when your sick? O man. I haven't had this before but today, towards the end of a class, I got chilly, nauseous, my stomach knotted together.... Luckily I was saved by the bell and sat down to recuperate. Unfortunaly, my lightheadedness didn't fade and so did the stomach pains, so I got my sick body down the building to the person to call in sick. I hate this. I do not want to be sick! Not for school, not for the kids at home. Sick moms do not exist. Period. It also doesn't help that I have end terms this week. This Friday is the deadline for student grades in the third semester, so hopefully I will be back in the saddle tomorrow.
Luckily I can curl up under a blanket and sip chamomile tea. My love will pick up the children this afternoon.
Stupid stomach bug.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

I would love it if you leave a comment! Thank you so much for visiting xXx