zaterdag 15 juni 2013

Pattern: Granny Flower Circle Rug


*Click Here for the Printerfriendly Version!*

*And available through Ravelry!* 

Update 27/6/2013 : I am working on another circular pattern and through this I come to the conclusion you cannot make the rug bigger with the stated pattern!!! It will start to ruffle. You will have to do * increase, normal dc group* after round 7. For the increase round after that it would be a * increase, make two normal dc groups*. Be aware I did not test this and I have no Zpagetti yarn anymore. You are my testers! I will adjust the Printerfriendly Pattern this weekend. Also, I saw posts on knittingparadise.com saying wanting to make this pattern with worsted weight yarn. I really have no clue if this will work!! Keep in mind I specifically made this pattern for super bulky yarn.



General information

A quick rug with Zpagetti yarn! The pattern is written in US crochet terms. You can customize the rug by using your own colour scheme for the dc rounds and the sc rounds. The sc round will show as tiny “seeds” between the 3 dc groups. You can also alter the size of the rug by simply adding more rounds. After two normal rounds there is always an increase round.

Skill level
Advanced beginner

Abbreviations
Ch: chain
Sl st: slip stitch
Sc: single crochet
Dc: double crochet
Dc2tog: double crochet 2 together (yoh, insert hook in sp, yoh, pull through sp, yoh, pull throug 2 loops (2 loops on hook), yoh, insert hook in sp, youh, pull through sp, yoh, pull through 2 loops (3 loops on hook), yoh, pull through all loops on hook)
Sh: shell; dc six times into a chain space

Notes
It’s a gauge pattern unfortunately! I am working on getting a quick pattern for lighter yarns, but for now this is what works for super bulky yarn. The pattern unfortunately cups when made in dk weight. I keep you posted!
Gauge: round 1-2 measures 13 cm/5 inch, after the first pattern repeat it measures 32 cm/12.5 inch.
A note on colours: I used a different colour for each round so I fastened off after every round and joined yarn in a ch space. If you want to make it in a single colour, make sure you slip stitch to the next ch space and start your round pattern there.

Finished measurement
65 centimers/25.5 inch

Materials
One cone of Zpagetti yarn (about a kilo) for the main colour. Small bits for the sc rounds.
Crochet hook size 12 mm



Pattern
Ch4, sl st to close

Round 1: Ch3 (counts as a dc throughout the pattern), dc once into ring, * ch1, dc 2 times into ring*, repeat between ** four more times, ch1, sl st to 3rd ch of ch3. (6 groups) Fasten off.

Attach yarn through a ch sp.

Round 2: Ch3, dc in ch sp, ch1, dc2tog in same ch sp, ch1 *dc2tog, ch1, dc2tog, ch1*, repeat between ** for each ch sp, sl st to 3rd ch of ch3. (6 groups) Fasten off.

Attach yarn through a ch sp.

Round 3: Ch3, dc 2 times in next ch sp, ch1, *dc 3 times in ch sp, ch1*, repeat between ** for each ch sp, sl st to 3rd ch of ch3. Fasten off.

Attach yarn through a ch sp.

Round 4: Ch1, sc in same ch sp, ch2, *sc in next ch sp, ch2*, repeat between ** for each ch sp, sl st to sc to close round. Fasten off.

Attach yarn through a ch sp.

Round 5: Ch3, dc 2 times into same ch sp, ch1, *(dc 4 times in ch sp, ch1)*, repeat between ** for each ch sp, sl st to 3rd ch of ch3. Fasten off.

Attach yarn through a ch sp.

Round 6: Ch1, sc one time into same ch sp, ch3, *sc in next ch sp, ch3*, repeat between ** for each ch sp, sl st to sc to close round. Fasten off.

Attach yarn through a ch sp.

Round 7 (increase round): (Ch3,dc twice, ch1, dc 3 times) into same ch sp, ch 1, *(dc 3 times, ch1, dc 3 times) into same ch sp, ch1*, repeat between ** for each ch sp, sl st to 3rd ch of ch3. Fasten off.

Repeat rounds 3-7 if you want the rug to be bigger.

Finishing round

Attach yarn in a ch sp.

Ch1, sc in same sp, dc 6 times (shell made) into the ch sp between dc3 groups, *sc in next ch sp, shell in next ch sp*, repeat between ** for each ch sp, sl st to first sc made. Fasten off.

Weave in ends.

8 opmerkingen:

  1. Very pretty Barbara! Did you use the whole cone for the rug? I made a bag with zpagetti yarn but it is so heavy :( I was looking at all the lovely colours of the yarn last weekend and I think a rug is the perfect thing to make with this yarn xoxo

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. it's beautiful! well done on finding such a lovely project for your stash yarn, I wish I had some too I would love to make this. :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. thank you for sharing Barbara!!!!
    xxxxx Ale

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. It's so totally beautiful, just like everything you do lady! I love it and wish I had some of that yarn. Maybe next trip to the big city I'll get myself a cone of that spaghetti yarn. I've never seen it here in Marquette but I did see it on my recent trip to the Detroit area. Thanks again. Betty

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Your rug is amazing! Thank you so much for sharing your lovely pattern!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Thanks for sharing your crochet talent! Am going to use the pattern for a mandala instead of a rug and use worsted weight #4 yarn.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Hi Barbara. I'm making this and got to the repeat of row 3! When you say increase, do you mean add another double crochet? Thanks

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

I would love it if you leave a comment! Thank you so much for visiting xXx