vrijdag 8 maart 2013

Adding a Bit of Crocheted Happiness



During the Christmas Holidays I put my hook for the first time through a piece of fabric! Two of our friends were getting married and since they were living quite a long time together we had a hard time deciding what to give them.

Enter Pinterest.

Everywhere I saw vintage stuff, crocheted borders on hankies or on baby blankets or on knitted sweaters.

So I decided a fancy sewn handkerchief with a crocheted border would be so much nicer, softer and more stylish to use on your wedding day than a Kleenex!

They were very happy with them, and I hope they still use them sometimes. Cotton handkerchiefs are great to clean glasses, wipe mouths and are just gorgeous. And easy to wash!


But I took the crocheted border thing a bit further.

I still had some summer cotton lying in my stash for years. Too little to really make a clothing item, to much to use for anything else.

So I made two scarf. I made tiny hems (same as the handkerchiefs) on both on them. I made a square (90 cm x 90 cm) and a rectangular (30 cm x 140 cm) shawl.

Here they are:

 



The square one is a big fluffy shawl with a screaming dark pink border. I love it! It will be a perfect shawl for spring under a coat.
The rectangular shawl is more soft. You can wrap it once, it is very light and lays nicely. Adorable.

Here is a better view of the borders:

 


Do you see the last one? The lilac one?

I am going to give it away! I promised you a party, and here it is!!!!


3 opmerkingen:

  1. That is a beautiful gift idea. What pretty fabric in those shawls. :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Thank you for your compliment! You can take a shot at getting it over at the Party Giveaway :) Everyone's invited!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. What a lovely gift! I love the red yarn you used for the border :) Elisabeth x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

I would love it if you leave a comment! Thank you so much for visiting xXx